So it is that time of year when everyone starts to think about romance. A bunch of flowers, an evening out enjoying a candle-lit dinner, a bottle of champagne, a gift perhaps. Not with The Italian Connection & Spirito Italiano. We want to make each trip to Italy as romantic as possible, so if you are thinking of romantic gifts and experiences, then allow us to inspire you and perhaps this is the ultimate gift you can provide your loved one, with of course our help.,
So here are our Top 20 suggestions:
1. Visit the places in Venice, which gave birth to Casanova and where he conquered his lovers. After the tour, enjoy a burlesque class which will teach you the art of seduction.
2. Take an evening tour in a glass bottomed boat on the island of Ischia and observe the water begin to glow with fluorescent sparkles as you reach a pristine bay ready for night time snorkelling. A flick of your hand in the water is enough to make the wondrous glow emerge. You will learn all about the dynamics of bioluminescence and the whole thing oozes romance.
3. A balloon flight over the ancient temples of Pompeii followed by a visit on foot with a true archaeologist. Discover erotic art as you walk around the ruins.
4. A helicopter tour over the beautiful island of Capri which offers a dramatic and wild landscape. You may want to stop here for lunch at one of the many restaurants which overlook the sea.
5. A private Mediterranean cruise. A full-day adventure through one of Italy’s most exceptional marine areas. Your experience for this day includes a tour on board the yacht, fish lunch with a qualified chef on board and wine tasting. Choose from an array of wines and canapés.
6. Exclusive dinner in the USEPPI-CHIGI Tower in San Gimignano which offers breathtaking views of the surrounding Tuscan countryside or if you are after something more dramatic, then we have the perfect venue for you in Florence which overlooks the Arno, truly magical and private.
7. Learn how to master the wonderful creation of three types of desserts. Through the assistance of an English speaking professional, you will learn everything there is to know about fresh and delicious sweets. You will learn to knead, cut, roll and mix. The recipes of our chefs are based on freshness, on high-quality local ingredients, Italian tradition and in-depth experience making this a quintessential Italian dish Yummy.
8. Romantic lunch or dinner in a vineyard or if you prefer a picnic. Enjoy peace, seclusion and breathtaking views.
9. Experience the sounds and the feel of a Ferrari tour. You will be briefed and then your driving experience will commence. If however you are after that touch of vintage, that is also available.
10. Enjoy a day with a renowned Italian photographer who will create an array of perfect pictures for your partner to keep forever. Photographs of you framed in an Italian background. Or why not enjoy a photo shoot just the 2 of you. Allow yourself to be creative.
11. Astronomical trekking. See the sky, feel the earth beneath your feet, be fascinated by the stars, celestial objects which have fascinated humans since the beginning of time. Or what about star gazing on the island of Ponza.
12. Meet your yoga instructor at Anacapri and then ascend to Monte Solaro. From here you will hike through the mountains and reach the perfect spot. Allow your body to be reconnected with your surroundings and allow your mind to relax.
13. Verona the eternal witness of the love between 2 of Shakespeare’s most renowned characters, will be your backdrop which will then give you the chance to meditate about your own experience. At each place where the love between Romeo and Juliet entwined, an experienced psychologist will help you and your partner to heal and strengthen your unique love story. Follow this up with an evening of champagne and canapés in Juliet’s courtyard.
14. A night at La Scala in Milan.. Romeo and Juliet. Pelléas et Mélisande, l’amore dei tre re. Fedora, Swan Lake, La Traviata, Giselle, Onegin, La dame aux camellias, The Nutcracker, La Gioconda.. all about love in one form or another. Opera is available throughout Italy so if you are after that romantic touch, always depicted in Hollywood moments, let us know and I am sure we will find the perfect opera for you.
15. You definitely need to head to the Venice Carnival which kicks off on the 8th February in Mestre. Gowns, masks, gala balls….endless choice awaits. For that one day enjoy the art of play acting.
16. Why not make your own scent, or create one for your partner. Learn about the ingredients, the perfumes, the fragrances and then make your own. Leave with a small bottle of your own bespoke fragrance and a certificate signed by the fragrance master himself. If you want to take it further, we can arrange your own label, how great would that be. Spend time getting the perfect scent which represents you both.
17. Be at one with your surroundings. Endless possibilities to get that very special venue.
18. Enjoy a tour of Venice in your own gondola, the ones with the Bling Effect! Great time for a proposal.
19. Love and Sex History tour of Ancient Rome. Explore the intimate side of the ‘Eternal City’ on a 2-hour evening walking tour which explores Rome’s romantic history, famous love stories, and culture. You’ll see historical landmarks and elegant piazzas along the way, while learning about traditional wedding rituals, seduction practices, and the inside scoop on ancient Roman kissing.
20. AND THIS IS THE MOMENT OF TRUTH! Renew your wedding vows or get married in Italy. Endless possibilities. www.weddingsmadeinitaly.co.uk