A Seaside Gem in Puglia
There are a range of seaside gems but today the spotlight is on Polignano a Mare. It is just so beautifully positioned, on top of a 20-metre high limestone cliff and jutting out into the Adiatic. This is a great place for a beach holiday but it also offers a range of other possibilities:
- Take a walk through the Old Town and visit la Chiesa Matrice dedicated to St Mary of the Assumption
- Check out the panoramic terraces which offer views of the Sea and the Apulian coastline
- The beach here has a Blue Flag
- The Red Bull Diving Competition has been hosted here and it is famous for cliff diving
- Great Gelato on offer here and the first place to try is Caruso... what can I say!
- Domenico Modugno was born here and they love him here. Remember Volare?
- Close by you will find Martina Franca, Cisternino and Locorotondo